7 months ago
Business Tender Editor / Reviewer
Newcastle upon Tyne
From £25,000 to £32,000 per annum plus Bonus
About Our Client
Our client is a leading independent bid writing company based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Due to continued significant expansion they now have a vacancy for a permanent business editor/reviewer to work as part of their team, based at Hoults Yard.
You will support the technical editor in reviewing the material produced by the team of bid writers to ensure they retain the current success rate of over 83%.
Each day the bid writers create between 20,000 and 25,000 words of bid narrative. Each piece has to be checked to ensure compliance with the tender specification, legal requirements, best practice, specific industry standards, in-house guidelines and customer requirements, as well as coherence and quality of writing.
This demanding role requires someone who has significant experience in bid writing, bid evaluation and/or reviewing across a very wide range of industries. The successful candidate must be highly literate with exceptional attention to detail and must be able to concentrate for long periods of time.
Proofreading does not form part of the duties.
Key sector/operational knowledge
The ideal candidate will have previously been involved in bid writing, bid evaluation or business writing and have knowledge of the public sector procurement process.
You will have significant experience of industry, usually 10+ years, hold a business management qualification, and have a detailed knowledge of business processes and systems across a very wide range of sectors. Importantly, you will be able to leverage your business knowledge from one industry to another.
In addition, you must;
• Be highly literate and be able to make sense of complex bid narrative and specifications
• Be self-managing; this role has a high degree of autonomy
• Have excellent communication skills. As a reviewer you will be required to explain complex ideas and processes to bid writers
• Have an analytical attention to detail. One missed point or nuance within a document could have catastrophic consequences for the client
• Be a real team player; you will be working in a very focused fast-paced environment in an open-plan office.
• Have a flexible attitude and be open to new ideas
• Have a flexible attitude to internal customer service. In a deadline-driven environment you will sometimes be required to offer additional support to writers to ensure timeliness and quality of bids.
Working closely with the technical editor, your role will be varied and dynamic and will include:
• Reviewing all content and working with individual bid writers to drive forward quality.
• Liaising with bid writers and the bid manager to agree scheduling of reviews.
• Working with the technical manager to identify skill gaps and appropriate training to improve individual and organisational success rates.
• Supporting writers to generate answer plans, storyboards and win themes.
• Acting as coach and mentor to writers.
• Analysing all evaluation feedback and developing improvement strategies.
• Maintaining and reporting on all writing KPI statistics.
• Bid writers
• Bid manager
• Technical manager
Qualifications and experience
• Ideally the candidate will hold an MBA and/or a 1st class honours degree in business.
• Detailed knowledge of procurement and tendering processes and procedures within the public and private sector.
• Previously worked in a bidding environment or perhaps worked as an evaluator for a public sector body.
• Knowledge of the Public Sector Contract Regulations would be advantageous
• The recruitment process will consist of two face-to-face interviews and an aptitude test.
To apply for this Business tender editor/reviewer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close