8 months ago
£20:£25k per annum with opportunities for career p
Category: Typing Jobs
Business Support Researcher, Analyst and Writer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£20-£25k per annum with opportunities for career progression
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have a very broad range of duties supporting two independent business consultancies to achieve their different but closely linked objectives.
Company 1 (approx. 30% of your time) specialises in bid and tender writing: you will be expected to support bid writers by producing business-related graphics, (including info-graphics, charts and graphs, MS Project plans etc.) researching topics, client competitors and emerging trends as well as supporting the commercial director with business performance analysis, reporting local authority priorities industry analysis, public sector trends and forthcoming contracts.
Company 2 (approx. 70% of your time) is a new start up and requires support researching a wide variety of topics including emerging themes in social value, CSR and environmental issues. Duties would include sector research, regular blogs/thought leadership pieces and data analysis.
This is an office-based role near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne with 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) and a private health and dental plan (following six-month probation period) and free parking.
Skills and qualifications:
• Masters or degree in business or statistics. Other degrees will be considered, but preference will be given to those candidates with a business/statistics/maths- or business-related degree
• Must be able to use MS Excel to a very high standard and able to create spreadsheets, pivot tables, charts, graphs etc.
• Proficient use of MS Project
• Previous experience undertaking research preferred but not essential
• Must be highly numerate
• Must be highly literate and be able to write cohesive, well-structured reports
• SPSS experience would be useful but not essential
• Previous experience of Salesforce CRM
• Well-organised and conscientious, with exceptional attention to detail
• Competitive drive, as well as ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to concisely articulate complicated information in a confident and clear manner
• Confident and able to self-motivate
This is a relatively autonomous job; our client doesn't believe in micro-managing! Therefore, you must be a self-starter, original thinker and be genuinely interested in both business and research.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend for an interview lasting around 90 minutes which will include them giving a 20-30-minute presentation on a topic supplied to them in advance.
There could also be a second interview.
To apply for this Business Support Researcher, Analyst and Writer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.