POSITION: Business Operations Support Officer
SALARY: £24,771- £29,515 plus London allowance of £3,147 per annum
BENEFITS: Company pension, on-campus nursery, healthy work-home balance + other benefits
HOURS: FULL TIME and FIXED TERM to 30th September 2020 37 hours per week (Detail hours to be agreed with 9-5 window)
LOCATION: London, E15 2GZ
Due to continued growth our client Loughborough University London, is seeking a Business Operations Support Officer. This new position is part of a small team that makes up the new UK Institute of Digital Engineering (IDE). The IDE is funded by the Government Department of Business, Environment & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and is an intrinsic part of the Advanced Propulsion Centres (APC) Digital Engineering Spoke and Loughborough University. It operates as a ‘virtual’ Institute enabling and activating a national portfolio of industry relevant projects developing digital solutions to real UK competitive inhibitors.
IDE is an exciting new venture for our client with the task to rapidly enhance the UK’s digital engineering capability.
JOB DUTIES: (Not limited to)
- To act as the initial point of contact for all email / telephone enquiries or personal approaches which are made to the CEO and IDE team from internal and external sources.
- To maintain and coordinate diaries for the CEO and IDE team, providing logistical planning for meetings and commitments ensuring the best use of time.
- To act as ‘office manager’ on a day-to-day basis ensuring the smooth and efficient running and effective administration of the IDE office.
- To manage all the CEO’s correspondence (including much that is private and confidential) prioritising and taking action as appropriate.
- To provide administrative and practical support for Senior leadership, Advisory Board and the CEO’s Operational Group meetings, preparing and circulating agendas/ papers in a timely and efficient manner, taking accurate minutes and recording actions.
- To undertake the management and administration of IDE Affiliate Agreements, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and partners where required or directed.
- To direct requests for information and action to appropriate staff in the team, and to respond efficiently to requests for documentation and information from members of IDE staff and other senior University staff both in London and Loughborough.
- To communicate clearly and effectively on behalf of the CEO and IDE team with professionals both internally and externally.
- To provide support for the CEO in respect of any professional duties and external commitments, integrating these with University / AACME related activity.
- To respond to enquiries received in person, by telephone or email and take appropriate action. This will include dealing with, academic staff, external organisations and other University colleagues.
- To be responsible for booking and making travel and accommodation arrangements for CEO and staff within IDE using Key Travel and external companies / services were deemed appropriate and in line with University policy.
- Using the Agresso Finance System act as the Designated Department Person (DDP) to purchase and receive goods and services for the IDE
- To maintain confidential and appropriate financial records for the IDE and those specifically required for audit purposes, and to ensure compliance with end of Year University accounting arrangements/deadlines.
- To generate financial reports from Agresso and provide the CEO with financial data as required, assisting with business planning and budget monitoring.
- To be responsible for providing appropriate financial information and advice to staff within the IDE.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- Be an accomplished, highly organised and experienced individual.
- Have a proven track record.
- Be expected to deliver a full range of administrative services.
- Have office management experience.
- Have flexibility and the ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Be able to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adhere to all the University’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy & Procedures.
- Hold a duty and commitment to observing the University’s Equality & Diversity policy and procedures at all times.
Closing Date: 1st April
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Administration, Administrator, Admin, Business Support, Business Support Operations Officer, Business Operations Officer, University Support, University Jobs, Education Jobs, Digital Engineering Support, Engineering Support Officer, Office Manager