Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
As a Business Manager your role is to identify, based on individual suitability and requirements, appropriate funding and insurance options for customers and meet agreed profitability targets.
What you'll do:
· Understanding all aspects of financial and insurance product regulations to ensure accurate information is given when negotiating a sale
· Naturally building rapport with customers quickly and easily and able to treat customers fairly
· Monitoring finance and insurance performance against budget; identifying and addressing shortfalls
· Assisting management in planning, forecasting trends, and revising plans for the dealership on an ongoing basis
· Working with management to coach and develop the skills of the team to achieve business objectives.
· Qualifying customer's demands and needs so the most appropriate insurance products are recommended
· Logging all activity to monitor performance, measure outcomes and provide regular feedback to the General Manager
What we're looking for:
Someone with previous Business Manager experience gained from within the automotive industry is preferable and successful completion of a recognised industry Business Manager training course is highly desirable, although previous retail management experience will also be considered. You will work well under pressure, be organised and able to handle conflicting demands with the ability to meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work. Most important is a strong sense of integrity, excellent customer facing and negotiating skills along with an honest and respectful approach and of course, you must have a full and valid UK Driving Licence
In return for your hard work & flexibility we will reward you with a competitive basic salary, great earning potential as well as the chance to work alongside our driven and enthusiastic team. Also on offer are opportunities for ongoing development, investment in brand training, an industry leading benefits package including car, enhanced holidays, critical illness cover, one year fully paid maternity leave and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.