8 months ago
Business Development Executive
Southend-on-Sea, Essex (SS2 5PZ)
Have a flair for sales and a drive for success?
A professional Business Development Executive is required to generate new sales opportunities for the sales team in an exciting and progressive company. Reporting directly to the company Directors, you will need to engage with prospects and an existing client base to generate quality and qualified appointments. For the right candidate and based on achievement of goals, progression into field sales could also be available.
This is a more varied role than a traditional single-track telesales or telemarketing position. The primary function is to engage with key influencers and business decision makers to uncover their needs, position the company as a credible solution, and pass sales ready opportunities to the field sales team.
You will also be contacting existing clients as part of the client service programme, while looking for cross-selling or appointment opportunities. You will have the opportunity to sell a defined product group to new business prospects and develop your own relationships with those customers.
Remuneration is a combination of a good basic salary, £18,000-£20,000, plus fixed fee commissions on appointments and percentage commissions on contracted sales to independent customers. In addition, you will also be part of company profit-share and pension scheme.
You will be passionate about generating sales opportunities and hungry for success. This is a very varied role, suited to someone with telemarketing or telesales experience looking for a new challenge, or someone who is looking for a diverse role that will broaden their selling skill set.
Core skills required are;
• At least 6-12 months successful experience in some or all of the following • • Direct selling
• • Telemarketing
• • Appointment setting
• • Customer service or cross-selling within an existing client base
• The ability to explain the products and the company’s USP’s to potential new customers in an engaging and exciting way, and spot the sales opportunities whenever or wherever they arise.
• The energy and enthusiasm to maintain a high volume of outbound calling
• The ability to build customer relationships over an extended period, as they move from prospect to new customer
• Commercial awareness
• The ability to manage and prioritise a sales pipeline
• Strong oral and written communication
• Creativity and to be adaptable to change
• To be willing to listen to and support colleagues
• Be skilled in using software tools such as; • • CRM and prospecting systems-File maker
• • Social media, both personal and professional as research tools
• • MS Office and Google applications
• • Linked-In, Twitter, Facebook and Industry publications
You'll be given full training to develop your product knowledge and sales strategies, and you’ll be joining a customer focussed team where collaboration and shared creativity is actively encouraged.
New business appointments
• Generate new business opportunities through high volume outbound prospecting, passing booked appointments to the field sales team.
• To follow up marketing campaigns to generate new prospect leads by telephone, identifying and qualifying opportunities for new business.
CRM, Research & Marketing
• Perform contact and account research prior to calls
• Maintain and update an accurate log of your activity in the CRM system
• To maintain and update records in our CRM system accurately and in accordance with data protection requirements.
• Collate, produce, innovate and maintain company’s multimedia marketing strategies on a daily/weekly basis to the likes of Linked-In, Twitter and Facebook etc
• To provide weekly pipeline updates and analysis
• To provide management with reports or information as required.
About the company
Our client is a fast-growing independent company within the washroom sector with a true partnership culture at its heart. You will be joining a team of positive and motivated team members, all working together for success and delivering the best customer service in the market place.
They are based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
28 days ago
only 6 hours until close
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close