Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Our Change team is a centralised function that leads on both business and IT projects across the entire business. Critical to the success of our delivery are our Business Analysts who will work in partnership with key stakeholders and business SMEs to elicit, analyse and evaluate requirements in order to deliver business process improvement.
Provide a complete breadth of business analysis services to a wide-ranging portfolio of projects. Such services will include: high-level and detailed business requirements; production and review of a variety of documentation including manuals and procedures; production of business process models and process diagrams; development of deliverables relating to testing including use cases and test cases etc.; production of business impact assessments and other business readiness deliverables.
· You will be an engaging, dynamic and collaborative team player with broad experience as well as a track record of supporting a range of projects, in terms of size and complexity, these areas might include:
· Participation in all stages of the project lifecycle from requirements, design, test and hand-over to support
· Promoting the role of business analysis and the value-add it can bring through show-casing output and providing coaching and guidance to colleagues on best practice
Our Business Analysts will need:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to tailor content depending on audience coupled with ability to explain complexity with ease and fluidity
· Superlative attention to detail
· Strong analytical skills as well as creative problem solving when occasion demands
· Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
· Ability to engage successfully with diverse groups including executives, managers and subject matter experts in order to successfully elicit requirements; gain consensus where needed and to effectively challenge assumptions if necessary
· Experience of project life-cycles
· Aptitude for solving unstructured problems
· Able to assimilate data from various sources and to design, construct and execute complex analyses that support in solving business problems
· Experience of facilitating workshops and chairing meetings
· Able to work independently and deliver to timescales and plans
· 3 years+ experience as a Business Analyst
· Experience of working for a consultancy is desirable although not essential
· Demonstrable experience of working in the retail and consumer businesses is desirable although not essential
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.