Our client is one of the largest and oldest non-for-profit friendly societies in the UK and we are looking to recruit a Branch Internal Auditor to join their team in Manchester.
Our client is an established organisation with over 300,000 members and a network of 129 Branches throughout the UK. Their aim is to be the lifestyle membership of choice for the over 50s by helping their members get more out of life with a compelling range of social, care and financial support, delivered through a thriving national Branch network.
The Role of Branch Internal Auditor
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic motivated individual who can work on their initiative within well-defined parameters and be equally at comfortable within a team environment.
As Branch Internal Auditor your remit will include:
• Managing the full service of internal audit to Branches of the Society
• Organisation of own diary time to meet deadlines and ensure efficient use of time
• Using a risk based approach to planning of internal audits
• Co-ordination with Branches to book audit dates, request pre visit data
• Attendance at Branch premises to conduct audit testing
• Complete reports to Branches based upon audit findings, including the decision as to significance of those findings
• Ensuring that all Branches complete their review of the report and collation of their responses in a timely manner
• Reporting to CEO of any significant issues found on audit.
• Formally reporting to Audit Risk Compliance Committee quarterly
• Maintenance of up to date work log showing progress of each audit
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Demonstrate technical ability in dealing with audit planning matters and concluding on issues arising on the audit
• Up to date experience of internal auditing, and risk based systems auditing
• Ability to use sector software, in particular Excel, Word and e-mail systems
• Be able to work independently
• Adapt to different working environments
• Be proactive with new ideas on audit methodology
• Be able to suggest effective recommendations where there are current system failings
• Effective communication skills, oral and written including presentation skills
• Ability to establish working relationships across the Society
• Using data gathered to analyse audit risk
• To be able to provide answers to client questions in a manner and pace appropriate to their needs
• Pay attention to detail
• Be solutions focused
For this role of Branch Internal Auditor you will receive a salary of up to £32,000 per annum, dependent upon experience. If you would like to apply for this position, please provide a covering letter outlining why you think you are suited for this role along with your CV Application.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
auditor, accounting, analyse, analyst, audit,