about 1 month ago
Competitive Salary, Full Time, Edinburgh (or nearby) candidates only.
About the company
They are the UK's most popular craft beer club, curating a delicious selection of beers for their members from a new country each month. With a team of over 70, based mainly at their Edinburgh HQ, they are one of the UK's fastest-growing and most exciting startups.
They're all passionate about craft beer and it's their mission to build the world's leading craft beer community. To achieve this, they want to be a great place to work and to build on their inclusive and supportive culture.
About the Role
They are looking for an experienced bookkeeping professional to join the team, ultimately to be based at their Edinburgh office. Your role will consist of a wide variety of tasks to ensure the smooth running of the business, from raising invoices and processing payroll to submitting VAT returns and bank reconciliations, amongst other duties/responsibilities. The role presents an exciting opportunity to be a crucial part of a rapidly growing company and a friendly, entrepreneurial team.
- Raising invoices to customers
- Processing supplier invoices
- Prepare and process payroll
- Submitting VAT Returns
- Running cash flow forecasts
- Bank reconciliation using Xero
- Issuing statements and remittances
- Reconciling payments against customer and supplier accounts
- Investigating and resolving invoice queries promptly and professionally
- Supporting the financial management of company assets
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Collate/analyse account data and generate financial reports
- Calculate and prepare tax payments
- General administrative and accounts-related tasks
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
- General bookkeeping experience including payroll and electronic VAT submission experience
- Experience with Xero with a good understanding of all the required elements in order to complete the duties above
- Good knowledge of HMRC reporting
- Excellent IT skills (Advanced Excel capabilities required)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- High levels of efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Enthusiastic and friendly attitude
- A Bookkeeping or Accounting qualification (AAT qualified or part qualified)
- Prior experience gained within FMCG / Retail /Tech
- Experience of working in a finance function within the drinks industry highly desirable
A complimentary company 12-pack membership. They also have regular team events, and will be re-launching an in-house 'Beer School' after lockdown. They also provide a host of other employee perks and discounts. 28 days holiday per year, paid sick leave. NEST company pension, they provide a pension contribution of 3%.