8 months ago
Book Keeper/Head of accounts
Holmfirth, Huddersfield (HD9 6QZ)
Our Client is looking Book Keeper/Head of accounts person that can cover the following, working out of their Huddersfield office;
• Record all charges to be invoiced/rebated to our clients - currentlyentries per month generating approximately 700 invoices on to Excel Cashbook/Sage system
• Update prices for both suppliers & customers annually & liaise with Directors RE: New Business charges, commodity charges & rebates
• Check sales invoices/credits against cashbook prior to emailing to customers
• Produce Customer Statements
• Deal with Purchase & Sales Ledger queries
• Prepare payment runs for suppliers & allocate to Ledger, produce Remittances & email out. Make payments via Online Banking, being mindful of the cashflow situation & that the daily payment limit is 50k. (generally everyone is paid by the end of the 2nd week of the month)
• Post incoming receipts to ledger
• Bank Reconciliation
• Credit Control
• Completion of Vat Returns including submission to HMRC & making payment
• Processing & paying Directors Expenses
• Monthly Journals
• Completion of Monthly Management Accounts on Sage prior to submitting to Accountant.
• Liaise with Accountant as required
• KPI Reports
• Carry out Accountancy Year End procedures
• Monthly Payroll including setting up new employees, issuing relevant Tax Forms, submitting returns to HMRC on a monthly basis & processing PAYE payment.
• Responsible for setting up pension scheme with NEST (if applicable). Year End including issuing P60s for employees & Directors
• Answering calls relating to customer service and accounts
• Monitor emails & action accordingly
• Any other tasks as requested by Directors
Candidates must be experienced in the above as well as being efficient and reliable.
To apply for this Book Keeper/Head of accounts role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.