6 months ago
Newcastle upon Tyne
Starting salary: £20,000-£25,000 subject to experience
OTE when fully trained: £35,000
Our client is a leading independent bid writing company based in Newcastle upon Tyne, supporting clients across the UK bidding into the public sector. Thanks to ongoing growth, they now have a vacancy for a full-time bid writer.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a professional capacity in a relevant field. The vacancy will be highly suitable for an experienced professional looking to embark on a new career in a diverse, interesting and very fast-paced environment. Full training will be provided to the right candidate to support them to apply their professional skills, experience and knowledge to bid writing.
As an independent bid writing consultancy, they provide support to clients across a diverse range of industries and sectors. Our client therefore requires a candidate who is able to write compelling, persuasive text across a very wide-ranging field of businesses and functions. The role requires you to be comfortable with creating content for small independent companies one week and multi-billion-pound organisations the next. It is therefore desirable that the candidate is a talented writer with an understanding of the culture of both types of organisations and possesses multi-sector experience. The successful candidate will have the confidence to lead and manage bids completely unsupported.
Our client works in a very fast-paced environment and you will be writing multiple bids concurrently whilst simultaneously managing clients and their expectations. Proven experience of managing similar situations is desirable. Evening and weekend work will often be required, and you will need to be hard working with excellent attention to detail and possess a good sense of humour.
• Create business winning documentation that accurately reflects the client as a whole, to a standard that ensures completed proposals meet the bid specifications and guarantees the best possible chance of creating a winning bid
• Project manage the bid process end-to-end on own initiative in a pressured, deadline-driven environment
• Objectively appraise tender submissions and complete internal quality assurance checks
• Manage client relationships and maintain existing individual bid libraries
• Provide technical and commercial writing skills, displaying creative flair in tender submissions
• Review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learned to promote continuous improvement
• Become involved in all aspects of the business, including strategy, sales, business development and quality management.
Skills and Experience
• Proven track record in delivering bids and proposal management is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided to the right candidate
• Experience working in a professional setting with transferrable skills and knowledge of business practices
• Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• Sound commercial business understanding and risk awareness
• Excellent project and client management skills
• Able to write business winning narrative quickly and to a deadline
• Show high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions
• Confident with working unsupervised.
Some travel may be required for the purpose of client meetings (all travel expenses are paid)
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and so encourage applications from all sections of the community
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000-£25,000.00 /year
To apply for this Bid Writer role in Newcastle upon Tyne, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.