about 1 year ago
LOCATION: Public Service Plaza, Havant, Hampshire
JOB TITLE: Benefits Team Leader
SALARY: £28K pa plus excellent employment benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full time 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
• Excellent working environment
• Pension scheme
• Free car parking at the Council offices
• 23 days annual leave to start
THE COMPANY: Our client is the leading professional support service organisation in the country and they are now recruiting a Benefits Team Leader to lead the overpayments and fraud team in their busy office in Havant Public Service Plaza.
THE ROLE: As a Benefits Team Leader you will be responsible for developing the team and their skill sets, carrying out performance management and all duties associated with leading a team of officers.
Key Responsibilities for the Benefits Team Leader :-
• Developing staff, carrying out performance management and all duties associated with leading a team of officers
• Ensuring the team provides an excellent service in relation to collection and recovery of benefits overpayments and provision of counter-fraud service
• Communicating with customers regarding their accounts or claims (as appropriate) in a management capacity
• Being part of the leadership team to optimise the use of resources across all teams
• Liaising with stakeholders at all levels
*Please note this is not an extensive list of your potential day to day duties*
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidates for the Benefits Team Leader role will be highly focussed and capable of working independently and to tight deadlines. You will need to be able to demonstrate previous supervisory skills will have previous experience working in benefits, or similar role, ideally in a local authority setting. Key attributes required include:
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Staff supervisory qualities
• Good legislative knowledge of Benefits
• Flexible confident and highly organised
• Commitment to a high quality service
• Be able to commute to Havant, Hampshire
• Experience of the Academy Software package an advantage
Please note, to be considered for this role all candidates must undergo a financial probity check and a basic disclosure criminal check.
Does this sound like you? Are you the new Team Leader our client is looking for? If Yes hit the apply button now.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.