about 1 month ago
Audit Senior - Central London
Salary: £45,000 p.a
Our client, a well-established audit only practice based in Central London seeks to appoint an Audit Senior to join a team of highly respected practitioners. As an Audit Senior, you will support the partners and gain exposure to a wide range of accounting and audit issues under UK and international standards and regulations.
You will be responsible for looking after a portfolio of a diverse and exciting range of domestic and international clients of different size and from various industries - financial services, entertainment, holding companies, IT companies, transportation and other services.
On offer is a genuinely collaborative working environment, the chance to work in a well-respected firm with excellent work-life balance, as well as support for your continuing professional development.
There will be an opportunity to progress and be promoted within the firm. You will be reporting directly to the Head of audit who is ambitious to grow the team over the next few years.
As an Audit Senior, you will play an important role in delivering our client's long term strategic business objectives. You will be responsible for:
• Overseeing junior auditors
• Evaluating and completing audit reports by the deadline
• Audit budget monitoring
• Verifying compliance with audit standards and regulations
• Writing up of reports and making audit recommendations to the audit manager.
The majority of our clients are UK-based companies owned by investors from Europe, Russia and Ukraine. Travel for business purposes is occasional and is usually within Greater London.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
To be considered for this role, you MUST have the right to work in the UK, and the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Be ACCA, ACA or ICAS fully qualified with an excellent grounding in dealing with audit, accounting and tax issues in a practice environment and Possess at least 3 years of recent UK audit experience
• Experience with group audits and FCA regulated firms is desirable
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and audit software
• Strong technical skills in company law; ISA, UK GAAP and IFRS
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• A good team player to meet the collegiate atmosphere of the team
• Strong coaching skills and review of juniors' audit work
• Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
• A driven person who will take ownership of tasks and drive to completion
• Ability to prioritise work and to meet deadlines
• Russian or European language is an advantage
• Audit qualification or working towards it (evidenced by PCTR/PCEF/AQ records) is an advantage
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
4 days ago
only 10 days until close
only 27 days until close