Audit Senior | Salary £35k -£42k + excellent benefits | Chartered Accountancy firm | Edinburgh
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Senior to work for one of the UK's largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to within the UK and worldwide. The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
Audit Senior Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients' premises.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Sector experience.
- Experience with listed clients.
- Experience auditing international groups.
Our client's style is personal and they value their strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led service. Providing excellent training and development opportunities for staff is an important part of what they do, as their long - standing Investors in People accreditation demonstrates, also they have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the twelfth consecutive year.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more or call us for Edinburgh, for UKwe look forward to hearing from you.
CTA, ACCA, CA, ACA, CIMA, Audit, Senior, Accountancy