about 1 month ago
Audit Senior - Peterborough
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Our client provides an environment for people to achieve their career aspirations and contribute towards the success of the firm. Their client base comprises global corporates and international private clients.
As a result, they have built significant experience dealing with complex international issues. Experience thats proven invaluable to the clients with overseas interests.
An Audit Senior is being sought to join and complement the current Peterborough office audit team. The team is growing in response to an expanding and more demanding client base and this is an excellent opportunity to join this friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
We seek a passionate and enthusiastic individual with at least two years' experience in the delivery of external audit and accounting services.
Ideally the applicant will have experience of conducting and completing audit engagements across a wide range of clients, both carrying out this work and overseeing and reporting on the work of others.
• Leading audits from planning to completion, reporting to managers and partners
• Overseeing all aspects of the audit fieldwork and completion
• Leading on-site audit teams
• Completing audits with minimal supervision, to deadline and on budget
• Coaching and mentoring junior team members
• Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
• There will be some accounting work involved (preparing management accounts and financial statements, drafting tax computations) in the role (up to 50%) so accounts experience is preferred.
• Must be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Lead audit fieldwork teams both in office and at clients
• Attend client's premises to conduct audit fieldwork
• Design and perform tests using ProAudit software
• Follow instructions of audit manager
• Adapt audit programme with manager input to best suit client's needs
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and provide guidance to trainees
• Assist with audit planning and attend audit planning meetings
• Lead finalisation of audit including preparation of accounts and tax computation
• Write report to identify audit findings to manager in a timely manner
• Be responsible for completion of the audit file in preparation for manager review and respond to review points raised
• Lead the team to ensure deadlines are met
• Monitor budgeted time allocated for the audit and notify the manager if the audit will go over the set timeframe
• Communicate confidently with client throughout the audit
• Act as three way communication of audit progress and any issues with client, manager and audit team
• Liaise and communicate with portfolio holder and client
• Prepare accounts for supervisor/manager's review and approval to include:
• Production of lead schedules to agree to accounts disclosures
• Production and reconciliation of control accounts
• Collation of appropriate evidence to support figures in the account
• Prepare sole trader/company tax computations
• Raise relevant and coherent queries to assist with supervisor/manager review
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualified with either ACCA or ACA
• At least three years' UK accountancy practice experience
• Knowledge of FRS 102
• Competent knowledge of the Microsoft Office software
• Competent knowledge of accounts software
• Ability to deliver accurate work to deadlines and under pressure with good time management skills
• Demonstrate a commitment to delivering a first class service to clients, and the ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent customer service and communications skills, both written and verbally.
• A driving licence and access to transport is essential as the majority of the audits are conducted at the client's premises.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.