7 months ago
Audit Senior - Oxford
Salary: £30,000pa - £45,000pa (DOE)
Our Client is an accountancy, financial planning and human resource consultancy firm.
They were founded in Oxford and is today placed in the UKs top 100 accountancy and financial planning firms, with a large client base including individuals, trusts, businesses, charities and non profit organisations.
They can provide compliance, consultancy and advisory services for every stage of business or personal life. Clients find their approach professional and friendly and their fees competitive.
To carry out audit and assurance work for the firm as part of the audit team. In connection with audit assignments prior to manager review, to be responsible for audit fieldwork and to assist in audit fieldwork.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To complete audit work in accordance with audit procedures.
· To assist in other audit related tasks as required.
· To assist other audit team members.
· Contribute to financial performance of audit team in terms of budgets, target fees and chargeable time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
· Client satisfaction
· File completion
· Compliance with audit procedures
· Meeting budget, chargeable time targets, timetables PERSON SPECIFICATION: Education:
· ACA or ACCA or CIPFA fully qualified
· Good IT skills including Outlook, Excel, Word. Experience:
· Knowledge and experience of working with charities is desirable but not essential.
· Good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Auditing Standards
· Working knowledge of Pro-Audit and Digita products would be an advantage.
· Be able to complete jobs to high standard with minimum of supervision
· Professional approach to work, colleagues and clients
· Reliable, trustworthy and approachable
· Use initiative and has the ability to manage own time and meet deadlines
· Reacts flexibly and professionally to change
· Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships with clients and other team members.
· Take a genuine interest in our clients and have a desire to put them first.
· Is capable of thinking critically to provide insight into audit work and our clients
· Be a team player that is motivated to help our clients.
· Ability to create ideas to improve processes and services to clients and support new initiatives
· Develops broad industry knowledge and proactively develops technical knowledge
· Plans ahead to deliver to deadlines and communicates progress to managers and partners
· Demonstrates an organised and thorough approach to own work and improves efficiency
· Ability to act as a role model for teamwork and motivation of others whilst remaining patient and diplomatic
· Ability to provide training and aid development of others
· Must be able to travel
· Able to build and utilise knowledge of the firm's services to develop business
· Researches marketing opportunities and act as an ambassador for the firm
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.