7 months ago
Audit Officer - Colchester, Essex
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an Audit Officer to join our clients growing team. This role will be responsible for supporting the Audit Team Manager with their management of the auditing function within the Business Control & Governance Department. All duties are to be performed according to company procedures and regulatory requirements.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Complete audits in accordance with the annual Audit Schedule
• Produce audit reports, making appropriate recommendations and actions
• Maintain regular lines of communication with solicitors regarding ongoing audit matters, action points and/or areas of concern.
• Liaise with relevant staff members concerning output from solicitor & other third-party supplier audits.
• Support the Audit Team Manager in preparing audit related content for Solicitor Operations Calls and/or Meeting and attend these calls and meetings where necessary.
• Support the Audit Team Manager in preparing audit related content for Claims & Operations meetings.
• Demonstrate a good awareness of risk management and controls.
• Maintain the Audit folders
• To carry out all work in accordance with agreed service standards and FCA regulations.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be set by the Audit Team Manager or Director of Business Control & Governance.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Auditing Experience
• Experience of all Microsoft Office programs
• Strong investigative and research skills
• 5 GCSE's grade A-C including English and Maths
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent organisational and time keeping skills
• Confidence to own tasks without supervision
What you get in Return
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme
• Support with training & qualifications including, CII, AAT, Masters etc.
• Travel Insurance
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.