Audit Executive | Salary £35k -£42k + excellent benefits | Chartered Accountancy firm | Edinburgh or Glasgow
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Senior to work for an International Chartered Accountancy firm providing services within the UK and worldwide.
The Audit Executive works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure audits are of a high quality.
Audit Executive Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Allocate work to other members of the audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received excellent on-the-job coaching preparing or reviewing work papers and drafts of the financial statements
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Produce commercial management reports, specifically drafting sections of the report to management
- Oversees all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Experience of working on complex audits and delegating workloads accordingly
- You'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages
- You'll have previous experience of auditing clients in relevant industries to Grant Thornton
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Sector experience.
Our client's style is personal and they value their strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led service. Providing excellent training and development opportunities for staff is an important part of what they do.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Sarah Cairns, Recruitment Consultant onor
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
CTA, ACCA, CA, ACA, CIMA, Audit, Senior, Accountancy,