about 1 year ago
Information on the company
This company is an events venue bringing together ice skating, bowling and great food with an onsite MEATliquor restaurant. Located at London’s only ice rink, built in 1931, this iconic building has been recently rebuilt and transformed, and was voted by GQ as one of the coolest activity bars in London for 2017.
This is an entry level graduate job paying £22,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as the Assistant Manager of the Ice Rink, working with the General Manager to ensure a high level of customer service throughout along with a strong sense of departmental presentation and exploring ways to increase visitor numbers and services. This is an excellent entry level job for a recent graduate looking to develop managerial experience across a broad range of operational and commercial duties whilst working for a growing hospitality brand in a fun and creative working environment.
You will be trained and supported by the General Manager and Senior Management Team across all your responsibilities which can be split into the following areas.
Staffing, personnel and communication:
• You will be trained in processes relating to other departments such as skate hire, ten pin bowling, computer systems to give you a general managerial overview.
• Ensure your department’s operating practices are in line with local authority and licensing requirements.
• Manage the upkeep and maintenance of the department e.g. fixtures, fittings.
• Ensure the team comply with company procedures relating to cash, stocks and documentation.
• Maintain high levels of communication with regular clients, members and coaches.
• Ensure your department is adequately staffed as per the required rota and within budget.
• Ensure staff understand their role and responsibility, whilst also being motivated.
• Maintain a high level of ice condition at all times.
• Ensure all First Aid information is collated on the accident form.
• Ensure staff have are fully conversant and have signed documentation in respect to rosters, annual leave systems and accident reporting.
• Ensure all equipment is well maintained e.g. skate grinders, dehumidifiers, lighting, audio etc.
• Ensure the “ice pad” is maintained at a suitable level to accept skating karting and curling activities.
• Take responsibility for the presentation of skate hire in both the front and back of house in terms of storage and tidiness, washrooms,
• Ensure all products for sale are accounted for, stored correctly and audited weekly.
• Ensure Ice Rink walkway is clear of obstruction and all equipment is stored appropriately.
• Ensure the rink side café is clean, well presented and managed accordingly.
• Ensure lighting, sound and general ambience is kept in line with company branding.
Coaching and classes:
• Manage the coaches’ payment schedules and audit these on a weekly basis.
• Monitor and improve class admission and retention, exploring ways to increase class visitors.
• Look to expand new areas of the business such as Ice Hockey for adults and youths, ice skating qualifications.
What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• A clear, concise and confident communicator.
• Enthusiastic approach to work and someone looking to take on professional responsibility to develop their career.
• Comfortable using MS Office and familiar with its different programmes.
• Excited by the activities on offer, all of which will be free for you to try.
• A people person who enjoys talking to, people!
• A fun and friendly individual who wants to work with a likeminded team.
• Enjoys working in team environments, pulling together and working towards a common goal.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• This company is a part of a bigger group that owns Ronnie Scotts, The Old Vic and other theatres, hotels and restaurants, making this a great opportunity to develop contacts and knowledge of London’s entertainment and hospitality sector.
• This company have a very high retention of staff and encourage growth of the individual to raise in experience, status and pay.
• You’ll be encouraged to try all venue activities free of charge.
• You’ll get a free welcome meal at MEATliquor and enjoy a 33% staff discount thereafter.
• This company operate a multi-faceted venue, so can work with you to identify what sectors you enjoy and continue your career in.
Apply for this role