6 months ago
Elevation Accountancy & Finance are currently recruiting for a leading manufacturing business based in Sutton-in-Ashfield. They have a rare opportunity for a Part-Qualified Accountant to support the Financial Controller in producing financial reports and management accounts.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
*Part of finance team in preparation of monthly management accounts and reports with a particular focus on sales, cost of sales (covering materials, labour & power) and margins with variances v budget
*Monthly accounts completion within 5 working days
*Manufacturing accruals covering stock, GRNI and other prepayments / accruals
*Ensure accurate standard material and labour costs are maintained
*Analysis of scrap and labour recoveries
*Analysis of material price variances
*Maintenance of BOM's completeness and accuracy (Cover for Cost Accountant)
*Identifying and analysing key variances, specifically material usage variances.
*Proactively identify and rectify cost efficiency including stock control and identify improvement opportunities
*Checking and coding expense forms
*Calculating and evaluating KPI's (Key Performance Indicators), weekly and monthly
*Analysing stock control results by means of a perpetual inventory system and half yearly stock takes and recommending corrective actions for discrepancies
*Monitoring accounting records and internal controls
*Provide ad hoc project support
Skills & Experience Required:
* A CIMA/ACCA/ part qualified/newly qualified accountant
* Capable of delivering or aspiring to deliver first-rate financial and business management support
* Strong Excel skills (including pivot tables, look ups etc.)
* Have some experience of finance systems and/or process improvement
* Good analytical skills are important and an ability to translate complex data into pragmatic and concise reports is welcome
* Have excellent verbal/written communication skills, negotiation skills and a strong customer focus
This challenging and varied role will enable the successful individual to gain fantastic exposure to a whole site accounting function and month end in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
If you meet the criteria for this role, and are interested in being put forward please do not hesitate to apply or contact me to discuss.