Assistant Group Accountant,
Contract Type: Temporary
About the role
What you will do
· Oversee the production of the Group's regular forecasts for submission to the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders
· Oversee the production of the Group's monthly management accounts reporting pack for submission to the Board.
· Prepare monthly financial presentations and other analysis for the motor division
· Assist in the production and ongoing maintenance of the Group's budget
· Assist in the production of the bi-annual statutory pack for submission to the Group Financial Controller.
· Assist in the production of the statutory accounts and tax analysis of certain subsidiary companies.
· Work with the Group Accountant on the development of the Group's management accounting, forecasting, budgeting and statutory accounting processes.
· Work with the Group Tax Manager to oversee aspects of tax, notably VAT submission and corporation tax analysis for specific subsidiary companies
· Support the production of the sub Head Office monthly management accounts which include the Group's marketing department
What we are looking for
· Qualified at least to AAT though ideally CIMA or ACCA
· Prior experience of the motor retail sector is preferred though not essential
· Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
· Demonstrable experience with all aspects of the finance function
· Ability to manage your own workload to hit deadlines
· The skills and desire to drive improvement in systems and processes