Assistant Financial Controller
Vauxhall Divisional Finance, Vauxhall Central
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Lookers Vauxhall are recruiting for an Assistant Financial Controller to support the Financial Controller in consolidating the accounts function in the business and is a key link between dealership accountants and transactional teams.
Duties will include but are not limited to
- Consolidating of management accounts across 8 car dealerships
- Ensuring financial records are maintains in real time, monitoring ledgers ensuring housekeeping is maintained
- Ensuring stock funding is maximised at all times to assist with cashflow targets
- Maintaining and improving accounting control procedures
- Supervising the reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of financial data and preparation of VAT return
- Support the compilation of management reports including weekly, monthly and annual accounts
- Support sales management with sales/dealer performance reporting and franchise budget and forecast activities
- Managing the work load of the Accounts team to ensure deadlines are met and all work is complete in a timely manner
- Assisting and supporting the purchase ledger with queries
- Assist preparation for internal/external financial audit and coordinate the audit process
- Assist with ad hoc projects and development work as required
This role would be ideal for a newly qualified, Part Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA professional or QBE with experience in the motor trade looking to be part of a large franchise. You will have a sound knowledge of auditing practices and principles and experience with management accounts. Proven experience within a fast paced business environment and handling high volumes of data and strong IT skills are essential in this position. A high level of interpersonal skills is a key requirement in this position as you will be responsible for liaising with various key senior managers in the business.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.