7 months ago
Are you looking for an opportunity to really stretch your potential? Are you looking for a challenge within a fast-paced, growing manufacturing business who are an employer of choice?
We are currently recruiting for a thriving business based in the Doncaster area, who have a rare opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to support and drive performance across all aspects of Finance.
The job role is extremely wide and varied, and the individual must be able to manage competing demands for time and be able to work effectively as part of a team and be a keen and willing team player. You will be reporting directly into and working alongside the Financial Controller who is keen to ensure a succession plan is in place for the right candidate!
This will be a true development role which will allow the successful individual to gain good exposure to a whole site accounting function and month end in a dynamic and fast paced accounting environment.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
* Preparation of timely management accounts reports
* Preparation of monthly reporting packs, variance analysis and commentary for review
* Conduct monthly review meetings with venue/central department managers
* Preparation and posting of month end journals including accruals and prepayments
* Balance sheet maintenance and reconciliations
* KPI reporting
* Liaise and report into the wider business in relation to finance (COMMERCIAL)
* Attend relevant meetings in relation to finance and communicate frequently with the wider business, operations & the board
* Year-end audit work and liaise with auditors
* Assist with process improvements in the finance department and across the business to improve/standardise processes and controls across the group
* Improve the implementation of new systems across the company
* Assist venues and central departments with company-wide annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting
* Undertake other related projects or duties as required
* Effectively motivate and support other members of the team
* Promote the Group's core values through personal behaviour and by challenging inappropriate behaviour in others
* Work closely with colleagues to develop excellent working practices
To be successful for this role you MUST have the following attributes:-
* Part Qualified (AAT/ACCA/CIMA)
* Advanced Excel Skills (including pivot tables, lookups etc.)
* Be a highly motivated and focused individual who must be able and willing to roll up their sleeves and do day-to-day tasks i.e. payment runs, invoice customers
If you meet the criteria for this role and are interested in applying - please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss.