26 days ago
Elevation Accountancy & Finance are currently working in partnership with a key client based in Chesterfield on a newly created, exciting opportunity for a capable & driven Assistant Accountant to join the team!
Working as part of a dynamic, friendly team in a fast-paced, rewarding environment; you will assist and provide an accounting support service to the business accounting functions!
As a Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
* Production of monthly Inter Company Reconciliations
* Production of Balance Sheet Reconciliations
* Production of P&L Reconciliations
* Maintenance and reconciliation of Fixed Asset Register
* Preparation and review of all Prepayments & Accruals
* Preparation and posting of journals
* Adhering to Group Policies and Processes within the department
* Production of Government returns and submission of these to avoid incurring any penalties
* Posting expenses analysis to the Coins ledger
* Providing cover for the Management Accountant
* Any other duties as reasonably requested
Skills & Experience Required:
* Preferably Part-qualified, studying towards qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
* Good Excel skills and previous usage of spreadsheets
* Knowledge and experience of balance sheet reconciliations
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Flexible attitude
This challenging and varied role will enable the successful individual to gain fantastic exposure to a whole site accounting function and month end in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
If you meet the criteria for this role, and are interested in being put forward please do not hesitate to apply or contact me to discuss.