Leeds based Border to Coast Pensions Partnership Limited was established in 2018 and is one of the largest pension pools in the UK. As one of eight national Local Government pools, Border to Coast oversees the investment of pensions assets, bringing together £43 billion from 12 Local Government Pension Scheme funds. The Company is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
We now have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join the corporate finance team in Leeds. You will be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in producing and managing the delivery of management accounts, with specific focus on accounts payable/procurement.
· Maintaining the purchase ledger including supplier management, purchase orders and invoices
· To hold budget managers to account
· Preparing accounting journals for approval by the Finance Manager
· Assist in the production of monthly financial reporting, including cost analysis, reporting against budget and forecasting
· Diligence in performing balance sheet reconciliations
· Treasury management including supplier payments, bank reconciliations and cashflow forecasting
To be suitable for the role, you will:
· Possess relevant experience within a finance department.
· Have worked with financial ledgers (AR/AP) with experience of purchase orders/processing invoices and managing budgets.
· Have a working knowledge of VAT
· Demonstrate ability to work with Microsoft Excel and numerical data
An accounting qualification is preferable but not essential as we would be willing to give financial support to pursue a relevant professional qualification.
The Assistant Accountant role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for an asset manager in the Financial Services sector, working with a friendly team in this business-critical area helping the business demonstrate value for money for our 12 Local Government shareholders/investors.
In return for your hard work we can offer you some great benefits, to include 30 days holiday allowance (with the opportunity to purchase an extra week), a modern office located a couple of minutes from Leeds Train Station, training and development and flexible working opportunities.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We have an open and supportive culture with a commitment to learning and valuing everyone’s skills and contribution.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.