Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Lookers Head Office are seeking to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their busy team. This is a key role to assist in the production of our Volkswagen Division's management accounts, forecasts and budgets along with supporting detail and analysis. You will report to the Accountant and will work closely with the Financial Controller and accountants around the Group.
Role and Key Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
· It is essential that you have Kerridge/ADP experience
· Prior experience within a dealership or wider franchise is essential
· You should be comfortable working under pressure to hit deadlines and be able to organise your work load accordingly
· Excellent IT skills, particularly advance Excel skills
· Demonstrable experience with all aspects of the finance function
· Ability to work under high pressure with accuracy
· Ability to manage your own workload to hit deadlines
· The skills and desire to drive improvement in systems and processes
· Excellent communication skills
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.