Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Volkswagen Teesside are seeking to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their busy team. This is a key role to assist in the production of Volkswagen's management accounts, forecasts and budgets along with supporting detail and analysis. You will report to the Accountant and will work closely with the Financial Controller and accountants around the Group.
You should be comfortable working under pressure to hit deadlines and be able to organise your work load accordingly.
What you will do
· Oversee the production of Volkswagen's regular forecasts for submission to the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders
· Oversee the production of Volkswagen's monthly management accounts reporting pack for submission to the Board.
· Prepare monthly financial presentations and other analysis for the motor division
· Assist in the production and ongoing maintenance of Volkswagen's budget
· Assist in the production of the bi-annual statutory pack for submission to the Group Financial Controller
· Assist in the production of the statutory accounts and tax analysis of certain subsidiary companies
· Work with the Accountant on the development of Volkswagen's management accounting, forecasting, budgeting and statutory accounting processes.
· Work with the Tax Manager to oversee aspects of tax, notably VAT submission and corporation tax analysis for specific subsidiary companies
· Support the production of the sub Head Office monthly management accounts which include the Volkswagen marketing department
What we are looking for
· Qualified at least to AAT though ideally CIMA or ACCA
· Prior experience of the motor retail sector is preferred though not essential
· Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
· Demonstrable experience with all aspects of the finance function
· Ability to work under high pressure with accuracy
· Ability to manage your own workload to hit deadlines
· The skills and desire to drive improvement in systems and processes
· Excellent communication skills
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.