Newcastle Audi, Newcastle Audi
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
What you'll do
· Deliver excellent customer service and strive to push standards ever higher
· Support the preparation monthly branch management accounts in line with group policy and the branch accounting timetable
· Review and ensure line managers are aware of areas of branch debt, in particular, manufacturers bonus, F&I income, warranty and cash sales
· Editing and cleansing of vehicle schedules
· Supervise monthly stock checks and reconciliation
· Submit Cash Flow information to the Accountant on a weekly basis
· General accounts functions e.g. invoicing, purchase ledger, balance sheet reconciliation
· Review and reconcile Debtors and carry out credit control procedures
· Assist with various monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Cashiering responsibilities (banking, petty cash)
· Assist the management teams by resolving any accounting queries
· Report discrepancies to the relevant departmental manager
· Pass all authorised and coded invoices on a timely basis
· Produce and distribute follow up lists as necessary
· Liaise with managers on a regular basis, building strong relationships
* Prior experience within a dealership or wider franchise is preferred
* Kerridge Rev8 experience is highly advantageous
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills & the ability to reconcile data in an efficient manner
* Conscientious & demonstrates a high attention to detail while maintaining accurate records
* Ability to work well under pressure, schedule work appropriately and show initiative to improve procedures where appropriate
* Organised; Can work successfully in pressurised situations & can handle conflicting demands
* Can learn to work with new software quickly & efficiently & is enthusiastic, flexible & committed
* Strong attention to detail and reconciliation skills to meets deadlines without compromising the quality of work
* Exemplary communications skills and discreet with confidential and sensitive information
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.