Applications and Underwriting Team Manager – £30k + bonuses – Manchester City Centre
We are looking for a talented and motivated Applications and Underwriting Team Manager to build a team that can deliver a high level of competency in different areas, including reviewing and completing merchant applications; merchant application data input and review; and application submission to banking partners and acquirers.
You will manage the merchant applications process and proactively review, evolve and implement change effectively. The successful candidate will ensure the team has a strong process for new merchant applications that is maintained and imbedded, including SLA’s and quality control. This is an fantastic opportunity to take on an exciting and varied role and develop your career.
The key responsibilities of an Applications and Underwriting Team Manager include:
- Managing and maintaining the Merchant Applications team, providing timely and accurate communication to clients, acquiring banks, sales and technical teams and senior management
- Building and maintaining a high knowledge of merchant banking criteria and requirements for client applications, both personally and within the team via training and CPD progression
- Building and maintaining a motivated team with our company ethos and dedication to the correct application at the core
- Liaising with clients to explain and collate supporting information and confidential proofs from clients for their applications
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders i.e. other company departments and external banks
- Identifying and escalating potential risks, issues and concerns that are uncovered in the course of applications, investigations etc. in an appropriate manner; and ensuring these are resolved or escalated in a timely manner, adhering to all agreed standards and protocols
- Reporting changes required to CRM development to technical teams to conform to new guidelines or restrictions on apps per bank and/or any additional fields that require collection
Total Processing facilitates online payments for ecommerce and POS businesses across all market sectors including both low- and high-risk industries. Our merchant services allows our business clients to take secure card payments via online websites, over the telephone and face to face, offering peace of mind to both the business and their customers with each transaction.
We pride ourselves in offering a bespoke service that can be tailored to client requirements and business growth. This together with marketing leading rates and payment platforms across multiple acquiring banks and allow our sales team to be on the front foot with any prospective client.
The key skills and qualities of an Applications and Underwriting Team Manager:
- Ability to effectively self-manage workload, meeting deadlines and SLAs
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, completing all required training and demonstrating ongoing competency at the agreed standard
- Can demonstrate a first class ability in analysis, judgment and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to build fruitful relationships easily
- Able to clearly explain complex information and processes in a simple and logical manner and where/if required in presenting to acquiring banks meetings
- Competent in the use of office IT systems, including email, word processing, spreadsheets, as well as customer databases
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.