Advisory Accountant – Family Office – 2/3 day week
Based: Tring, Hertfordshire
Salary dependent on experience plus pension contribution
The family are sole owners of a successful trading group. Separate from that business, the family have developed a portfolio of investments comprising property, share portfolios, venture capital investments, cash deposits and other assets. The property portfolio is separately managed by one individual plus a family director who operates a property development and investment business. The family diaries and administrative arrangements are run by an Executive Assistant who also helps the family office as required and does some work for the main trading group.
To deal with an impending retirement, the family now require an accountant with broad experience to ensure ongoing compliance for various companies, trusts and family members. Also, to provide ongoing advice in relation to investments and the planning of the family’s financial and taxation affairs.
· Give financial advice and recommendations
· Obtain detailed tax advice on projects as required from external advisors
· Manage cash movements and deposits and maintain cash flow forecasts
· Prepare and present financial reports on performance and activity for and to the family every six months
· Preparation of annual accounts for companies and trusts liaising with accountants as required
· Ensure tax returns are submitted for all entities and individuals liaising with accountants as required
· Manage relationship with asset managers and other investment advisors
· Monitoring investment performance
· Working with external accountants and solicitors as required
· Be a qualified accountant with experience of accounts, financial management, VAT, payroll and an understanding of other areas of taxation both corporate and personal. Previous experience within a top twenty accountancy firm is likely.
· Have an understanding of different asset classes including venture capital investment with an ability to comment on opportunities that present themselves
· Be proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Demonstrate learning agility
· Have the ability to manage conflicting priorities
· Be self-driven and proactive with proven entrepreneurial mind-set
· Give attention to detail and have excellent organisational skills
· Be able to adapt to working as part of a team within a family environment and give clear and concise advice
· Be willing to deal with anything that may require your time, no matter how simple or complex