about 1 year ago
SALARY & BENEFITS: (£21,166-£22,911 Pro-rata) CPPC Grade 4 (SCP 11-15) dependent on qualifications and experience
WORKING HOURS: Part Time - 15 hours per week (2 Days)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Campbell Park Parish Council in Milton Keynes.
Serving over 15,000 residents, across 5 residential estates and 2 leisure/employment areas close to the centre of Milton Keynes, the Parish Council is committed to enhancing the environment and delivering local services in order to maximise resident’s well-being and quality of life.
The Parish Council has taken on a number of different services and facilities in recent years and is currently adapting to new challenges and opportunities created by the devolvement of services from the local Unitary Authority.
THE ROLE: To deliver an advice service within the boundaries of Campbell Park Parish Council
The successful Advice Worker will promote the Advice Service, supporting and facilitating the social, personal and economic wellbeing of the residents of Campbell Park Parish Council. Advice Workers provide impartial and confidential information, advice and guidance to individuals about a variety of social, financial, welfare and employment problems. They help people in crisis situations with complex problems, while maintaining discretion at all times. Campbell Park Parish Council is committed to promoting the welfare of all residents and expects all staff to share in this commitment.
Key responsibilities for the Advice Worker position:
- Assist local residents seeking support and advice
- Support residents in accessing outside agencies/utility providers.
- Carry out, or be involved in, outreach work.
- Assist Council and its committees to develop health awareness.
- Assist Committee Clerks to develop volunteering events.
- Provide a welcoming non-judgemental environment.
- Keep accurate records, analyse trends and submit a monthly report to the Community & Social Wellbeing Committee as required.
- Attend Committee meetings as required
- Attend meetings with external agencies and with local community groups. As required by the Clerk to Council.
- Implement policies, programmes and projects as determined by Council or Committees working with Clerk to Council and the Clerks to Committees.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Any other tasks that may be reasonably required in pursuit of Council objectives
THE CANDIDATE: We require an experienced and suitably qualified Advice Worker to drive forward the delivery of our resident advice service.
The ideal applicant will bring strong organisational and communication skills.
Additionally, they will be capable of building enduring relationships, both internally and externally, to ensure the consistent delivery of a high quality advice service.
Key requirements for the Landscape Manager position based in Milton Keynes:
Must live within a commutable distance of Milton Keynes
Will have previous worked in an Advice, Information and Guidance type role
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Advice Worker position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.