9 months ago
Administrator / Project Assistant
Our client is an independent, international consulting practice which provides exploration consultancy services to the international mining industry covering all commodities apart from liquid oil and gas.
The Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. Their client base is wide ranging but focused in the international mining sector.
They are located in Central Cardiff and currently employs 25 staff most of whom are exploration geologists who travel from Cardiff to work on clients’ projects all over the world. They are often away for prolonged periods and whilst in Cardiff are report writing or helping to generate more work. Our client is an employee-owned company and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the private share scheme.
Our client currently have a full-time position available for an efficient and organised Project Assistant / Administrator.
Location: 12 St Andrews Crescent, Cardiff, CF10 3DD.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9:00 : 17:30 (40 hours per week)
Salary: £21,000 - £27,000 dependant on experience
As Project Assistant / Administrator you will be the first point of contact to the business welcoming visitors in a friendly and professional manner, as well as providing efficient administrative support to the Technical Staff.
The following provides a guide to the main duties; however, the list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake any further reasonable duties from time to time as may be deemed in keeping with the job designation:
• Answering calls, ensuring prompt circulation of messages.
• Handling all mail related tasks for the company, including arranging couriers in the UK and internationally.
• Organising International and UK travel arrangements including booking flights, car hire, accommodation, visas, risk assessments and vaccinations.
• Recording details of employee project and travel commitments.
• Attend and minute weekly project meetings, updating project status.
• Data management
• Word processing and formatting of documents and assistance with compiling draft and final reports and proposals in accordance with company formats and in a timely manner.
• Technical report grammatical review and editing.
• Co-ordinating and managing conference participation, registration, travel and compiling and ordering marketing materials.
• Updating and maintaining various purchase orders, invoices and budgets as appropriate.
• Offering assistance to the Accounts department with invoicing when required.
• Organising events from buffet lunches to formal conferences and dinners for up to 60 people.
• Ensuring offices supplies and kitchen stocks are maintained at the required levels
• Maintaining the field equipment store, checking equipment in and out, ensuring first aid kits are complete and reordering stock where necessary
• Acting as the office Fire Marshall and first aider.
• General administration tasks such as photocopying, binding and filing
• Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner and professional attitude.
• Previous relevant administrative experience, including arranging overseas and UK travel and word processing.
• Highly computer literate - competence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
• Good written skills.
• Ability to adapt to a wide variety of assignments from complex travel arrangements to printing and binding reports.
• Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and to prioritise workload effectively and also to work as part of a team.
• Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail.
• Smart, business-like appearance.
• Attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn new skills especially in terms of computer software packages.
• Previous experience of working within a consulting or similar environment
• Basic understanding of Health and Safety practices within an office environment
• Ability to use photoshop for technical drawings and marketing materials.
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close