Our client have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
They are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Their product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Our client represents exactly what they do and have always done. Their purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping their customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, they continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team in Measham in the position of a part time Technical Support Administrator.
Including but not limited to:
· This position is required to provide support within the Design and Technical Services team based at their Measham office in Leicestershire. Additionally you will be liaising with their Commercial / Sales teams and our customers who include architects, contractors, builders and housebuilders and engineers.
· High standards of Customer Focus and Service are required.
The successful candidate will require:
· Helping in the administration and coordination of contractors dealing with remedial works carried out on behalf of our client.
· Purchasing and general administration
· Organise and administer CPD presentations for architects
· Providing general technical advice as the first contact point by telephone and email on Company products to customers and to the internal sales force.
· Managing and organising the general administration of projects particularly relating to Wonderwall and Brick Specials and information relating to technical enquiries.
· Managing and organising the general administration / co-ordination of projects and information relating to contractual claims and remedial works operations.
· Maintain project files and spreadsheets of data relating to Architectural / project support
· Finding and collating information and data related to a variety of building information systems and products.
· Monitoring construction project status through liaison with the sales force and sales office.
· Assisting in the administration of booking meeting rooms within the Red Bank site.
· Following up of Wonderwall and other quotations made by Technical Services by phone or email to maintain continuity of customer contact.
· Recording and reporting of Technical Services holidays and sickness.
· The candidate should have good all round computer and administration skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office. Experience of the construction or building materials manufacturing industry would be beneficial.
The role is 25 hours per week (normally 09:30 - 15:00) however they have a small amount of flexibility both in the number of hours and the working time/days.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.