8 months ago
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
JOB TITLE: Administrator / Administrative Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary negotiable
WORKING HOURS: Full Time Monday to Friday 08:30am to 5pm
THE COMPANY: Our client was established in 1889 and opened their Peterborough Office in 1978 and since then have grown to become a widely respected Mechanical and Electrical Installation Contractor, Infrastructure and Facilities Management provider throughout the UK and now seek an organised individual with good attention to detail to join their Commercial Electrical department based in Fengate, Peterborough.
THE ROLE: As an Administrator / Administrative Assistant you will work with an existing team in the companies Peterborough Office and will be assisting with a wide range of administrative duties as stated below. This can be a fast paced and reactive role so would suit someone who has good time management skills and can prioritise well, sometimes under pressure. Full training will be provided.
Key Duties for the Administrator / Administrative Assistant role :-
- Answer and direct phone enquiries
- Produce and distribute correspondence
- Produce Drawing Issue sheets
- Request quotes – log in and chase
- Use company Accounts System COINS
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, quotations and invoicing
- Liaise with clients and suppliers and order materials/stationary
- Maintain a filing system and be responsible for outgoing post
- Printing of drawings and specifications
- Assist and support the estimating and HR department
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments and assist with other admin tasks on an ad-hoc basis
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the Administrator / Administrative Assistant will need to be a well organised person with good time management and planning skills. Previous experience in a similar admin role would be beneficial but is not essential as full training can be provided. Candidates will need to have good IT skills and be literate with Microsoft packages such as Word/Excel/PowerPoint and will be an excellent communicator with a clear and polite telephone manner, they also need to be a team player. In addition good problem solving skills and the ability to organise and manage your own diary would be ideal. Candidates will need to be able to commute to Fengate in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Administrator / Administrative Assistant role in _ :-
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a clear and polite telephone manner
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must be a flexible worker and team player
- Must live within commutable distance to Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Does this sound like you? If Yes then click the apply button now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps