About the role
We are recruiting an Administrative Support Officer to support our Head of Diversity and Inclusion.
You will provide administrative and personal support, which will involve visual tasks such as:
· Reading documents aloud
· Researching documents
· Transcribing inaccessible materials.
As well as:
· Making travel arrangements and supporting on external visits
· Assisting with preparation of training, publicity and campaign materials
· Providing support at meetings and training sessions
· Providing mobility assistance and other personal support to a female member of staff
· Providing administrative secretarial support such as audio typing, word processing and proofreading etc.
· Dealing with general queries
· Diary management appointments.
You must have a flexible attitude, proactive approach and be competent in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and diary management. You will also have strong administration skills and be comfortable working flexibly as the role may include occasional evenings and overnight stays at conferences. You must be committed to and interested in working in a diversity and inclusion environment. You will be required to undertake a DBS check for this role.
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty. The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) is a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with our vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 6 February 2020
Our commitment to diversity
At JRF/JRHT we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.