6 months ago
Accounts Person - Derby
Salary - Up to £24k DOE
Key Words: Accountancy, Accounts Assistant, Accountant, financial statements, Tax, CCH, Xero, Sage, Excel, ACA, ACCA
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an accounts person to join and award winning Accountancy firm in Derby. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who desires a career in accountancy, to join a flourishing and supportive team that has carved an impressive niche in the local market.
If you are an accountant who is motivated to provide the highest quality of service to clients and you’re looking for your next career step, we want to hear from you.
• Preparation of statutory accounts for companies, sole traders and partnerships.
• Preparation of draft corporate tax computations
• Assisting in the production of monthly managements accounts for a varied client base
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Prioritising workload effectively to meet set deadlines and budgets
• Liaising with clients to obtain information to prepare accounts
• Able to carry out ad hoc assignments with assistance
• Understand and prepare financial statements correctly
Experience & Skills Required
• Experience working within an accountancy practice (particularly experience undertaking the preparation of financial statements and tax work for small companies, partnerships, sole traders and individuals)
• A good understanding and knowledge of relevant accounting standards
• Team player with a strong work ethic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and is confident in a client facing role and working with people of all levels
• Motivated to provide the highest quality service to clients
• Experience of CCH, Xero, Sage and Excel software is an advantage
You are required to have you own transport to visit clients
Some of the perks
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Option to buy an additional 5 days of annual leave
• Discounts and cash back at numerous shops, holidays and services using the Rewards service
• Cash back on healthcare including eye tests, dentist visits, physiotherapy etc
• Discounted (and sometimes free!) tickets for sports and entertainment venues
• Regular staff social events and annual firm wide away days
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.