Accounts Payable/ Purchase Ledger
Temp to Perm or Permanent
GBP23k - 24k pa + on site free parking!
My client is currently seeking a Purchase Ledger /Accounts Payable assistant to support a busy, friendly team.
To ensure accurate timely processing of invoices, payment and reconciliations.
Operating individually and as part of a team to ensure service levels are achieved according to the finance department.
· Daily/Weekly cash flow preparation of supplier payments and make necessary adjustments for payments to fit with in budgeted figure.
· Answering supplier emails and calls on daily basis regarding payment issues and make sure to communicate with suppliers effectively.
· Liaise with buying team on daily basis to priorities supplier payments.
· Supplier statement reconciliation for planning the payment schedule.
· Allocate supplier payments on daily basis and enter BACS payments on bank line and email the list to directors for authorisation.
· Daily check of BACS payments authorisation and send bank remittances to suppliers by email.
· Dealing with the payment of international suppliers (Euros & USD).
· Complete new supplier credit account application forms and create new supplier account on GP after confirmation received from supplier.
· Complete letter of credit documents and send back to bank.
· Sort out any queries from other team members regarding purchase ledger.
· Run and review weekly aged creditor report for overdue balances.
· Other Ad-hoc duties as required.
· Be qualified AAT or part qualified AAT, CIMA, ACCA or any professional
· A formal qualification would be desirable not essential.
· Advance level of Microsoft Excel
· Good standard of numeracy.
· Must be able to use initiative.
· Good attention to detail and takes pride in all tasks undertaken.
· Good interpersonal skills as must be able to work in a team environment, supporting colleagues when required. Flexible regarding additional hours especially at month end.
· Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels and have the ability to listen and interpret instructions.
· Able to effectively prioritise workload
If you are looking for a stable career and keen to be part of a growing organisation, please contact Neesha at Collective Recruit for more info.
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. We strive to respond to all applications and will do our best to ensure we make contact within 7 days. However if you have not heard from us within that time frame, does not mean your application has been successful and we will endeavour to keep you updated on the progress of your application.