An Accounts Payable Assistant is required by our client based in Kidlington to join their finance team. The ideal candidate will be responsible to ensure that supplier invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner by maximising the use of the three-way match process. You will also be required to prepare payments in accordance with supplier terms and ensure that the payment process is performed in an efficient, controlled manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process invoices and expenses
• Liaise with businesses to ensure 3-way matching is followed: including entry and matching to purchase order receipts.
• Obtain approval for non-PO invoices.
• Resolve all invoice queries and supplier statement discrepancies.Process payments via BACs, Online bank payments and dispatch of supplier remittances.
• Ensure all necessary checks are carried out to ensure that the correct balances are held on the general ledger.
• Provide reasons for any aged items on Accounts Payable at month end.
• Experience of working within a Purchase Ledger Function, ideally within manufacturing.
• A sound understanding of an Accounts Payable function
• Positive approach to innovation
• Show signs of leadership qualities to get the best out of people
• Advocate Continuous Improvement
• The ability to tackle problems by weighing up situations thoroughly, evaluating choices and implementing solutions.
My client offers a very competitive salary, potential bonus along with study support, excellent holiday entitlement as well as opportunity to progress.
If you are interested and have the skills & experience required, please submit your cv and for further information please contact Anna on.