POSITION: Accounts Manager
SALARY: c£19,000 p.a.
BENEFITS: Company Pension
HOURS: (Part-time) 25 Hours – Working days are negotiable.
LOCATION: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV32 4HY
Our client is a publisher of a number of bi-monthly trade magazines serving the wire, cable, tube and pipe industries. The company was established in 1984 and is based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
Due to continued growth the company is looking to recruit an Account Manager. The role is on a part time basis, the hours and days are negotiable.
Basic overview of experience and attributes required:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel and Sage 200 (cloud version), including accounts and Sage CRM. Knowledge and experience of foreign currency and multi-currency reporting on Sage 200.
- Experience of preparing worldwide VAT sales invoices across different currencies and different VAT categories. Experience of preparing UK VAT returns and EC sales lists from Sage 200 and submitting online.
- Ability to accurately record all of the company’s accounting transactions on a timely basis, to include:
- Sales invoices (prepared on Sage 200)
- A record of daily cash receipts to assist with sales ledger allocation and reconciliation.
- Purchase invoice posting and purchase payments via Bankline.
- Process PAYE/NIC payments
- Reconcile credit card statements with receipts and record payments
- Reconcile employee expense claims and cash expenses in multiple currencies.
- To assist in the maintenance and accuracy of a Sage CRM customer database.
- To employ ability, tenacity and accuracy to complete monthly bank reconciliations and all other month close down procedures on a timely basis on order to ensure accounting data is always as up to date and accurate as possible
- Experience of providing cash balances and forecast cash requirements to directors, including payment schedules.
- Experience of maintaining cash and expenses records for foreign cash balances, both held in Leamington and held in employees’ hands overseas and at events.
- Ability to manage the company’s magazines subscriptions, including processing of online applications, the related accounting transactions in Sage 200 and Sage CRM, processing of annual renewals for each title and handle Paypal transactions,
- Credit control. Prepare debtors schedule to be distributed to directors and sales staff
- Process credit card payment transactions via Paypal.
- Experience of maintaining an asset register, allocating depreciation journals quarterly to nominal ledger and of applying asset capitalisation policies consistently to asset additions or repairs.
- Experience of identifying accruals and prepayments within purchase invoices, maintaining appropriate records, and allocating quarterly journals to nominal ledger
- Experience of identifying sales in advance within sales invoices, maintaining appropriate records of deferred income, calculating deferred income in accordance with accounting policies and allocating quarterly journals to nominal ledger
- Proven discretion and professional attitude towards employee confidentiality in order to handle data regarding payroll and directors’ transactions appropriately.
- Detailed understanding of payroll accounting and the ability to process monthly payroll journals within the nominal ledger.
- Prepare commission calculations for sales staff remuneration
- Maintain schedule of sales produced from weekly staff sales sheets.
- Record and monitor sales targets.
- Maintain schedule of contra deals.
- Organisation and ordering of trade show stands.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Account Manager, Sales Administrator, Sales, Accounts Assistant, Accounts, Accounts Administration, Sales and Accounts Manager, Sage 200, VAT, Credit Control, Journals, Ledger,