about 1 month ago
A well-established company, which has been in the alternative lending business since late 1800, looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant, who will be reporting to the Senior Accountant.
The role, as part of an accounts team, is to assist in providing an efficient and reliable accounts service for over 250 shops.
- Calculating and posting some Accruals/Prepayments
- Bank reconciliations
- Issuing monthly P&L's and providing explanations
- Being involved in the yearly budgeting process
- Actively being involved in the month-end process
- Dealing with everyday store queries
- Dealing with field support queries in an efficient and professional manner
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Liaison with all internal departments
Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will already have 2-3 year experience working in accounts.
- Studying for ACCA /ACA
- Strong double entry knowledge
- Very well organised, good time management skills with the commitment to delivery on deadlines
- Confident self starter with sound analytical skills, able to operate under pressure and resolve conflicts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Team worker and good at building relationships
- "Sun" system preferred
Salary & Benefits:
- Bonus: 5% discretionary and subject to company performance
- Holidays: 22 days rising to 25 days with service
- Auto enrolment Pension scheme
- Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
- Interest free season ticket loan
They are based in Sutton (South London) 10 minutes walk from the rail station and very good alternative transport links