Accounts Assistant – Competitive Salary – Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Due to the growth we have experienced and the journey we are on, we are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant to support the finance team. You will be given the opportunity to work in a fast- paced environment within a friendly and well-established team. The ideal candidate should be very enthusiastic and willing to learn. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation.
The key responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Raising customer invoices, ensuring customer purchase orders are correct and resolving any queries before issuing invoicing
- Processing customer credit notes and resolving any queries as required on a timely basis
- Assisting with credit control, chasing payments from customers as necessary
- Processing customer sample returns and resolving any related queries
- Processing, reconciling and sending customer statements as required
- Processing supplier invoices, matching supplier invoices to purchases orders and goods booked in (ensuring 3-way match)
- Filing electronic invoices
- Chasing credit notes for any stock discrepancies and returns processed and allocating accordingly and investigate any discrepancies
- Processing and posting employee expense forms
- Assisting in the Month End procedures
- Assisting the finance team in ad hoc projects and reports as required
- Performing ad-hoc office duties and general admin as requested from you
Essential Embroidery Design lead the market in producing branded promotional clothing and uniforms for the promotional industry. We make the clothing, merchandise and uniforms for some of the world’s most prestigious brands such as Google, Poker Stars, Amazon, and many more.
We are regarded as one of the best and most modern garment embellishment companies in the UK, using state of the art machinery and software, and we recently won the award for Bedfordshire Business of the Year 2019. We pride ourselves in maintaining our quality edge by continually upgrading our software and machinery, and maximising the skills of our digitisers, graphic designers and dedicated workforce.
The key skills and qualities of an Accounts Assistant:
- AAT part qualified with 1 years’ experience working in an accounts department
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with Sage 50 Accounts; and working knowledge of MS office
- Strong organisation skills – flexible, able to multitask and meet deadlines while remaining calm – maintaining both a professional approach and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a professional and pleasant telephone manner, with the ability to build relationships with customers
- A forward-thinking team player and fast learner, able to use own initiative and embrace a continuous improvement culture
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.