8 months ago
Accounts Assistant - Near Luton
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm (8am to 4.30pm during winter months)
Benefits: Pension upon successful completion of probation, 28 days annual leave and other great benefits
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing business. Our Client is a market leading operator within the travel/holiday industry. A fun and friendly team, they are totally focussed on customer service and quality.
We are looking for a motivated Accounts Assistant to be responsible for all areas of accounting, a team player, but also someone who is confident and able to work on their own.
• Reconciliation of supplier accounts and liaising with suppliers
• Processing sales and the reconciliation of incoming payments from customers and wholesalers
• Accurate coding and posting of supplier invoices
• Preparation of wholesaler statements and building relationships when chasing up overdue payments
• Bank reconciliation for various company accounts and company corporate cards
• Stock management and ordering
• Petty Cash management
• Implementation and management of new financial controls
• Support tight deadlines for month end management accounts
• Audit preparation and reconciliation
• Ensuring adherence to company procedures
• Maintain thorough and well organised filing system
• Resolution of queries where required
• Liaising with customers, suppliers, the bank and accountants when required
• Ad hoc administrative duties
The Successful Candidate
• Will be AAT qualified to level 4 or above with ideally 2 years accounting experience
• Have excellent Excel, Word and Outlook skills
• Ideally have experience with accounts software Xero as well as Airtables although this is not essential.
• Understand the need and importance of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Be adept at multitasking and highly organised.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.