Volkswagen Carlisle, Carlisle Volkswagen
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Monday - Friday, 9am - 2pm
As a result of the continued growth of our business we are now looking for an part-time Accounts Assistant to join us in Carlisle Volkswagen. The role will require you to work to set procedures on daily, weekly and monthly cycles, working closely with the rest of the Accounts and Admin team and Line Managers as appropriate carrying out weekly and monthly reconciliations to produce relevant management reports in line with group and brand standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Delivering excellent customer service and striving to push standards ever higher
* Review and reconcile daily bankings
* Review and reconcile debtors daily
* Cashiering responsibilities (adhoc cheques, petty cash)
* Register parts purchase invoices onto the system daily
* Assist with monthly supplier statement reconciliations
* Assist the management teams by resolving any accounting queries
* Report discrepancies to the relevant departmental manager
* Produce and distribute follow up lists as necessary
* Liaise with managers on a regular basis, building strong relationships
* General administrative duties as and when required
What we're looking for:
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills & the ability to reconcile data in an efficient manner
* Conscientious & demonstrates a high attention to detail while maintaining accurate records
* Can learn to work with new software quickly & efficiently & is enthusiastic, flexible & committed
* Exemplary communications skills and discreet with confidential and sensitive information
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.