Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
As a result of the continued growth of our business we are now looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our Accounts and Admin team reporting to the Financial Controller. The role will require you to work to set procedures on daily, weekly and monthly cycles, working closely with the rest of the Accounts and Admin team and Line Managers as appropriate carrying out weekly and monthly reconciliations to produce relevant management reports in line with group and brand standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Delivering excellent customer service and striving to push standards ever higher
* Review and reconcile Debtors and carry out credit control procedures
* Assist with various monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Cashiering responsibilities (banking, petty cash)
* Assist the management teams by resolving any accounting queries
* Report discrepancies to the relevant departmental manager
* Pass all authorised and coded invoices on a timely basis
* Produce and distribute follow up lists as necessary
* Liaise with managers on a regular basis, building strong relationships
* General administrative duties as and when required
What we're looking for:
* Prior experience within a dealership or wider franchise is preferred
* The ideal candidate will have Kerridge Rev8 experience
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills & the ability to reconcile data in an efficient manner
* Conscientious & demonstrates a high attention to detail while maintaining accurate records
* Ability to work well under pressure, schedule work appropriately and show initiative to improve procedures where appropriate
* Organised; Can work successfully in pressurised situations & can handle conflicting demands
* Can learn to work with new software quickly & efficiently & is enthusiastic, flexible & committed
* Strong attention to detail and reconciliation skills to meets deadlines without compromising the quality of work
* Exemplary communications skills and discreet with confidential and sensitive information
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.