We have an opportunity for an Accounts Administrator to join our client’s team based in Newcastle.
Our client is the UK’s largest stockist of Non-Ferrous Metals with over 60 years’ experience of supplying high quality products to engineering companies both globally and all over the UK.
As Accounts Administrator, you will assist in the control, administration and accuracy of accounts paperwork, such as purchase orders, invoices and credits. Your responsibilities will include:
• Scanning both electronic and manual filing of all purchase invoices
• Assisting in answering the telephone and recording accurate messages wherever necessary
• Entering nominal invoices on databases and recording numbers on the paperwork
• Updating internal databases once invoice has been dealt with through accounts
• Sending out copy invoices/credits notes via email, fax and post
• Emptying the accounts folder each day and distributing paperwork accordingly
• Recording invoices/credits on relevant spreadsheets
• Assisting with Credit Control for Holiday Cover
• Ad hoc duties as required
As Accounts Administrator, you will need to be/have:
• Relevant work experience
• GCSE/NVQ or equivalent in Maths and English
• An organised and committed individual able to work on own or part of team and able to work to deadlines
• General office management skills coupled with the relevant skills and experience to enable effective and accurate administration of purchase and sales invoice paperwork
• Some business acumen, with ability to manage office paperwork, supplier and internal branch queries to assist in maintaining cost control
• Excellent face to face and telephone communicator
• Able to work with differing departmental needs
• Experience in managing work flow in a busy accounts environment
• Basic IT skills around Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, and e-mail and use of scanners for online documentation
Hours & Rewards
As Accounts Administrator you will receive a salary of £7.83 per hour and work 2/3 days per week from 9am to 5pm with 1 hour for lunch. There is some flexibility on which days you work and your hours, but it must include Mondays.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Accounts, administrator, accounts assistant, admin, finance