11 months ago
Accountant - Birmingham
Salary - £COMPETIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Key words: Accountant, German speaking, UK GAAP, German HGB, Financial controller, Accountancy, Bookkeeping, Accounting, Financial Services, Tax Return, VAT, Chartered Accountant
Exciting opportunity to be part of international growth within a global company that are new to the UK.
This Accountant role is a brand new position and will be a core position within the UK arm of the business.
The successful candidate must be a German speaker with knowledge of German HGB and have solid experience with UK GAAP.
In addition to these requirements the successful applicant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Handle reminders until these are enforced
- Monitor the suspension of deliveries and handle non-payers (further invoice processing)
- Review purchase invoices (creditors) for validity and amount
- Monitor the investment portfolio and outflows (only if there is no accounting management)
- Post accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger accounts
- Generally enter supporting documents, prepare internal invoices to other companies
- Process bank receipts and cheques
- Cash/bank postings
- Clean up data carriers/electronic bank statement
- Handle insolvency
- Process incoming and outgoing payments
- Reconcile and settle general ledger accounts
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting new venture.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.