Accountant | Salary £29,000 - £35,000 + bonus + benefits | Chartered Accountancy Firm | Edinburgh, UK
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join the Business Support Management Team, working as part of a current team of 22. Our client offers the chance to work with clients in a wide range of sectors and the role will involve a great deal of client contact some of which will be at a clients' premises. The role represents the opportunity for someone to assist in the continuing growth and development of the department.
The appointed Accountant Main Duties will be:
- Service a varied portfolio of clients in a pro-active manner.
- Preparation of management accounts for a variety of clients and writing meaningful commentaries on the figures which will assist clients in effectively running their businesses.
- Preparation of forecasts, business plans and other ad hoc reports.
- Preparation of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of VAT Returns including partial exemption calculations.
- Assisting with review and development of improved working practices and in house training sessions.
- Coaching junior staff.
- Developing and maintaining client contact and relationships.
- Liaison and communication with Managers and Partners.
The appointed Accountant Profile and Skills are:
- Professionally qualified accountant, or qualified by experience.
- Experience in business support work in an accountancy practice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility and suggest solutions to problems encountered.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Good IT skills including Sage and/or Xero experience.
- Track record of work delivered to budget.
- Ability to analyse figures in a meaningful way.
- Good time management skills and ability to efficiently organise your own workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Good technical (financial reporting) skills.
- Proven success as a team player but must also be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more or call us for Edinburgh, for UKwe look forward to hearing from you.
Skills: ACA , ICAS , ACCA , Qualified , Chartered Accountant , CIMA , Audit